Jan 7, 2019
#171: Chris Hogan surveyed 10,000 millionaires in the United States. Here's what he discovered:
- 89 percent of millionaires have a net worth between $1 million to $5 million dollars
- 62 percent graduated from public state schools
- 9 percent didn't graduate from college
- Close to 50 percent had a B average or less in school
- 55 percent give to charities and churches on a regular, monthly basis
- 73 percent never had a penny of credit card debt
- 18 percent are self-employed
- 62 percent earned a household income of less than $100,000 annually
- 80 percent exercise at least three times a week.
On average, their homes are 2,600 square feet, and they've lived there for an average of 17 years. Two-thirds have a paid-off mortgage. They paid off their home on average in 11 years.
Their net worth breaks down as one-third their home, and two-thirds their investments. They became millionaires at the average age of 49.
They spend, on average, $35 on a pair of jeans.
What can we learn from these everyday millionaires? Find out in today's episode! For more, visit https://affordanything.com/episode171